Monday, April 11, 2011

Being Invisible

Why is it, when someone comes to you with a question and you give them the answer that they are looking for, they feel the need to go to someone else, get the same damn answer, then decide that "oh ok, I guess it's the right answer after all!" GAHHHHH!!!! Then why ask me the question in the first place??? This seems to be the theme of the week and it's only Monday! So, why did I title this blog being invisible? Just how I feel today.... I was supposed to meet a dear friend yesterday for lunch, since I was on his end of town and called and left a message Friday on my way out of town, called Saturday to let him know what time I was leaving on Sunday and then when I was 18 miles away, giving him plenty of time to meet me. Did he even bother to give a curiosity call? No, did he bother to call me today? No. So I have to admit I was childish and left a rather rude message on his voice mail. Why? Because I could have met some friends who'd invited me to join them, instead, I kept on driving home with my disappointed daughter who not only missed lunch with her favorite uncle, but also got cheated out of shopping because we were supposed to "meet him." Aggravation has now spilled over into Monday, since I was also "promised" a belated birthday lunch and an afternoon adventure. How did I spend it? Cleaning while those that had assured me that we would spend time together went out together and left be behind...with what??? Yet another I.O.U for lunch and my birthday....Mind you my birthday was almost three weeks ago and this lunch and shopping thing, when it's promised, seems to never get filled. I would probably cash in a good 4 or 5 days like this. So being Invisible seems to be the theme this week and like I had metioned earlier, it's only monday. Annoyed, hurt and Invisible. So thank you for skipping our lunch date, for asking for my advice then thinking I was wrong, only to find out I was right, and thank you for forgetting my birthday...yet again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment